Monday, February 3, 2014

Runaway Baby

Those poor Denver Broncos. Last night's game was just so sad. Every time they showed Peyton Manning's face, my heart broke for him. He looked like he wanted to run away and hide. I'm not much of a sports fan so I usually just root for whatever colors I like best. It just so happened that I like green and blue better than orange and blue. My husband was also rooting for Seattle since he went to high school school in Washington. We were invited to a party at a lovely home here in Champaign and made some new friends. 

Our contribution to the party was hummus and pita bread all made from scratch. I wish I could say that I had any part in making it but it was most definitely all Jim. I was merely the taste tester. Jim is quite the whiz in the kitchen and never ceases to amaze me with his concoctions. There was a pretty nice spread at this party that include a veggie platter with a Greek yogurt dip, jarlsberg and manchego cheeses, salami, round fancy crackers, brownies, Cajun cheese dip, homemade french fries, and wine. 

At the start of the game we were evenly divided with half rooting for Denver and the other half rooting for Seattle. I was just happily sipping on wine while patiently awaiting Mr Bruno Mars. After half time we all began rooting for the Broncos to score just so they wouldn't embarrass themselves. Like I said before, pobresito Peyton Manning looked so sad. Every time they showed him he looked like he was on the verge of tears. The game ended and the Seattle Seahawks were crowned champions. 

I decided to wear my new W sweater so that way I could always be cheering for whoever was winning. I got it on sale at Forever21.com for $6. It was originally $20 on sale for $13 plus an additional 50% off sale on clearance items. With my new last name being Wilson, I just had to have it. I paired the black and white sweater with some cheetah print denim because I thought it would be a nice way to mix things up. With these freezing temperatures, printed pants are a fun to find way to stay stylish while also staying warm. My hair style was 100% inspired by the ridiculously gorgeous Rashida Jones









OUTFIT OF THE DEY:
Sweater: Forever21 it's sold out now but there is a similar one here
Pants: similar
Boots: similar


No comments:

Post a Comment