Monday, February 10, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

Oh boy was it cold this weekend. We even discovered some pretty dangerous looking icicles guarding our home. Jim and I never left the house. We slept in, ate breakfast at lunchtime, and watched the Olympics. My absolute favorite event is figure skating. Duh. Gracie Gold skated a perfect routine and looked flawless in her sparkly blue costume. She is so elegant and reminds me so much of Grace Kelly. We also watched as Jamie Anderson won a gold medal in the slopestyle snowboarding competition. If you're not watching the Olympics, WATCH THE OLYMPICS. It's so inspiring and heart warming and just all around awesome to watch these athletes kick ass and strive for gold. 

When the Olympics weren't on we decided to organize our home a bit. We still have a lot of boxes everywhere and it was nice to finally get to them. It was actually Jim who spearheaded the whole thing. Maybe it was all of that Olympic action but he was so motivated and we were able to clear out so much. Since we are newlyweds and still in the process of combining lives most of our stuff is either Jim's or mine. I realize that what's his is mine and all that jazz but other than our super cute couch we don't have anything that is OURS ours. So unpacking is easiest if we both attend to our own boxes and consult each other along the way. I was in one room slowly getting things done when I noticed Jim zooming by for the third time. He finally came in the room to see how I was doing with a Diet Dr. Pepper in his hand. It was no wonder he was moving at the speed of light. This man was hopped up on DDP. I took a hit of that sweet sweet juice and got back to work. We stopped again soon after that to eat dinner and watch more Olympics. Even though it still looks like a storm came roaring through our home, we have come very far. 

I am now so excited to tell you all about my new coat! It is of course from Goodwill. I was in need of a down jacket, one of those puffy ones that keep you real warm. I found one! And then I found another!! And then I found this gorgeous DKNY coat for $8 or so I thought. When we were checking out the clerk said it was technically a sort coat so it was only $6. A $6 DKNY coat?!! Are you kidding me? Any time I can get a big name for small bucks, I'm in!! PLUS I later discovered that one of the other jackets had $6 left in a pocket. Talk about a score.











No comments:

Post a Comment