Friday, February 7, 2014

Already Home

We bought a couch!! I found this beautiful blue floral couch at Goodwill for $85. Jim and I have been looking for furniture on craigslist and consignment stores. On this particular day I stopped at Goodwill just to see what they had. I was looking at the shelves and mirrors when I turned the corner time froze. I could not believe my eyes. I ran over to it to scope it out. I saw the unclaimed $85 tag and smiled. I took a picture and sent it to Jim who was at work. He text me back saying he had a very important presentation in 20 minutes and couldn't really talk couches. That left me no choice but sit on the couch and guard it. I sent a picture of it to some friends to validate my obsession with this vintage beauty. After about an hour of furniture security and still no word from Jim, I got hungry. Luckily we live about 7 minutes away so I rushed home for a snack break. Of course the moment I got home, Jim text me and said if I really want it then we should get it. I found little chevron pillows at Wal-Mart. For now it's the only piece of furniture we have and I can't wait to add to it.

We have a lot of plans for our home and slowly but surely they will happen. I'm thinking that spring will not only bring blossoming flowers but also some motivation. The cold weather just makes you want to cuddle up and sip hot cocoa ALL. DAY. LONG. I am delightfully surprised by how much I already feel at home here. I hung a sign from our wedding on our front door. It was used at my bridal shower and I repainted to use at my wedding. I love coming home and seeing it there.

The star of today's blog is our awesome "new" couch.
  






No comments:

Post a Comment