Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Morning

It has been a glorious last couple of days. My wedding anniversary was on Friday and the weather was beautiful. Jim had to work during the day but that was okay because I was also able to get some work done. We went to dinner at a Thai restaurant called Let's Take A Seat. We did. They were actually in the middle of transitioning from a private party to dinner time so we had the whole place to ourselves. We told our server it was our one year anniversary to which she replied, "that's cute," and walked away. I wasn't expecting any freebies I was just genuinely excited and wanted her to know. We had our usual order of yellow curry with tofu, pad see ew with chicken, and two Thai iced teas. Once we were done with dinner we decided it was only appropriate to have pie for dessert. We took to our handy dandy smart phones to hunt down a cute bakery. We called a few places that ended up being closed. We agreed on a place called Taffies and made our way over. We arrived at 7:55 and were turned away because they close at 8. We then went to a restaurant and bakery called Perkins. We sat down and were greeted by a woman who introduced herself as our server. She asked if we wanted anything to drink and we told her we were actually just interested in pie. She informed us that all they had left was red velvet. I asked her if it was technically pie and went on to explain that it was our one year anniversary and we got married on March 14th which is 3.14 which is pi so we really wanted to celebrate with pie. She replied, "Brookie is actually gonna be your server and she'll be right over." We left. We finally found an adorable little place called The Courier Cafe. We asked for pie. I really had my heart set on apple pie. Our server told us all they had left was peach. I told her that was going to have to do because all I really cared about was getting any kind of pie because it was our one year anniversary and we got married on pi day. She responded with, "cool" and went off to fetch our pie. Apparently no one in the Champaign-Urbana area cared about our sweet pi anniversary but it didn't matter to me. We had our pie and ate it too. 

On Saturday I woke up early and roamed around my quiet house. I found myself wanting to clean but not knowing where to start. I started in the bathroom because I always leave it looking like ten blindfolded girls got ready in 30 seconds or less. My problem when cleaning is that I get sidetracked so easily. For instance there was something in the bathroom that belonged in my closet so I went to return it. I then started to orgainze my closet until I found something that went in the living room. While tidying up the living room I found something that belonged in the kitchen so I went to the kitchen only to realize I was very hungry. At this point I would typically fry an egg or two and tell myself that I am allowed to be on Pinterest only until I'm finished eating and I would wisely use this time to look up organization tips. Well only ONE organization pin and ONE HUNDRED fashion pins later, I'm hungry again. NOT TODAY! I really wanted to stay focused and decided that that focus would be on the kitchen because we were going grocery shopping and the thought of putting fresh new groceries in a dirty kitchen gave me the heebie jeebies. I cleaned the kitchen very very thoroughly and there was not a tangent in sight. While I was cleaning I felt so relaxed and quite accomplished. It's always strangely therapeutic when I finally buckle down and get it done. I am pretty sure my tone will change five or ten years down the line when there are two kids, three dogs, and a cat in the mix but for now I will enjoy the quiet calm cleaning up of two.

Jim and I made our way to the grocery store and there were so many people out and about. The sun was shining very bright and even though it was still a chilly 48 it felt like 78 after this winter we've had. There was even an Amish tour bus at the store. Strawberries were on sale which is always exciting. The check out lines were pretty long but I didn't mind because it gave me time to flip though an entire People magazine. Anything to save a buck. The jokes on them for putting magazines at the checkout. On our way home we took a bit of a detour and discovered this little bridge. We parked the car and went to explore. There was a creek and a long pathway. We weren't at all far from home so it was exciting to find a nice nature walk in our neighborhood. We walked out pretty far and then remembered we had milk in the car. I am certain we will be back

It is now Sunday morning and I am sitting on my beautiful floral couch wrapped in the rosie pink afghan that was made for us as a wedding gift. Jim has been working quite a bit these days. It seems like he has a new deadline every fifteen minutes. Since it's all computer stuff (that IS the technical term) he can do it from home so while he works, I work. I've set up shop right next to his computer and while he analyzes DNA sequences or something, I make flower crowns and headbands. Speaking of headbands! You better believe the headband featured in today's post is indeed a Republic Of Yesterday repurposed original. I am obsessed with the print. And with that, have a splendid Sunday all!






 


Here is a little Jim bonus for everyone.


What a stud!


No comments:

Post a Comment