Friday, March 21, 2014

Independent Women

All the honeys who makin' money throw yo hands up at me!! I started my new job and it was pretty nifty. Even though I have an angel of a husband who takes care of me, there is something so satisfying about knowing you WORKED for what you have. I mentioned in my vlog post that the most exciting part about my new job is that I get to wear whatever I want as long as it's nice. I basically need to dress like I am going to a nice dinner with friends while wearing reasonable shoes. That turned out to be a blessing AND a curse because I changed about 27 times. No joke. I had an outfit planned but then I put it on and second guessed myself so I started trying other things. I decided on a polka dot blouse and red blazer with cheetah print loafers. It was a nice mix of prints and pop of color. 

I will be working as a server but as part of my training I had to have a hostess shift just to get acquainted with the restaurant and learn the layout. It's such a cool artsy building and the clientele seem really chill. It should be a good time indeed. I'm so excited to be making that money so I can buy my own four dollar dresses. 

In other news, I just booked my very first Illinois job for Dey Dreamer Productions. It's an after prom event at a high school and it's country fair themed. I am hoping this is a beautiful beginning to a booming business here in Central Illinois. 

Oh! And I made a shirt!! Well sort of. I'll blog about it soon. It's super cute and there is an elephant print involved. Yes you read that right ELEPHANT PRINT. Republic Of Yesterday will soon be creeping into the clothing game.... EXCITING! 







1 comment:

  1. So happy about your job baby you look marvelous love you mom

    ReplyDelete