Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sweet Dreams

Jim and I are in the market for a new mattress. Since all of our belongings were going to be in storage for a month before heading east we decided to sell our California King in San Diego. We ended up bringing my mattress from my parents house. It's a full sized mattress and working out nicely for me because I'm 5'2" and roll up into a ball quite comfortably. My poor husband on the other hand is a 6'2" broad shouldered hunk of man. I'm reminded of a recent Saturday Night Live sketch about "sleeping" in a twin bed and I find myself humming the silly song that goes to it. Watch it HERE if you have a moment.

It was a nice day out with a high of 41 degrees so we decided to run a few errands and test drive some mattresses. We found ourselves at a Mattress Firm. It must have been a slow day at the firm because the salesman, let's call him Larry, was very eager to see us walk in. He kindly said hello and asked, "havy'allevbintamattressfirmbfor?" We smiled at him nervously with wide eyes. He asked again, "Mattress Firm? Y'all ever been?" I didn't even know people said "y'all" here. I could tell we were in for a good time. When he found out we were new in town fresh from California he marched us straight to the Cadillac of mattresses. We weren't in any hurry so we decided to play along. The poor man didn't realize that we were the kind of people that go to Costco to eat samples for dinner so we definitely weren't about to drop $3000 on a mattress. He went on and on about the double coil blah blah blahs. It was a nice mattress but I wanted to see more. After every mattress we tried, Larry would give us all of the details that made it so special. We were like Goldilocks and the three bears. Since Jim is the blonde I guess that would make me... a brown little bear?! Scratch that. I was like Cinderita at the mattress ball. That has a better ring to it. Anyway we didn't get a mattress and Larry was sad to see us go. If you know Jim then you already guessed that he looked up mattresses on amazon.com as soon as we got home.

We headed to Chipotle for dinner because we had a gift card and it was right next door. I am now going to let you in on my secret Chipotle order. I ask for ONE chicken taco in a bowl with brown rice, black beans, grilled veggies, pico de gallo, that corn salsa that rocks my world, and lettuce. It's a mini salad bowl for like $2.45. I love their salad bowls but I really don't like paying for food I won't finish or overeating because I don't want to waste it. An observation I made while ordering at Chipotle, calories don't have to be posted here in Illinois. We're definitely not in California anymore.

Since it was a pretty clear day and there wasn't much snow on the ground, I was excited to wear something other than snow boots along with one of my new favorite shirts which actually used to belong to my older sister. Being the youngest of four children, I am no stranger to hand-me-downs. I love that the polka dots make it fun while the black and ivory color scheme keep it classy. I of course finished this look off with red lipstick because it was the right thing to do.

 












OUTFIT OF THE DEY
Coat: Paper Doll at Ross (similar) 
Earrings: Target
Lipstick: Rimmel London at Wal-Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment